The Malaysia International Trade and Exhibition Centre (MITEC) is a magnificent showpiece that boasts state-of-the-art facilities and capable of hosting heavy industries show and large scale events, the first of its kind in the country.
Spanning over three massive double volume floors, MITEC offers 13.1 acres of flexible function space including:
- 11 exhibition halls;
- 1 Multi-purpose hall;
- Meeting and conference rooms;
- VIP lounges;
- Media and press facilities;
- Organisers’ offices;
- Registration counters at the foyer of each halls;
- Business centre;
- Green rooms;
- Restaurants and food outlets;
- Security office;
- Clinic and first aid room;
- Convenience store;
- Banking ATMs;
- Casual and business seating arrangements.
Some of the unique features of MITEC include:
- A three-acre column-less hall, exhibition space for up to 576 booths;
- Halls with up to 36m high ceilings;
- All exhibition halls are expandable up to 180m in length and 72m in width;
- Direct services ramp to all floors and connected to every exhibition hall;
- Exhibition Halls at Level 1 have a maximum floor loading of 50kN/m2 and is able to support the weight of heavy machineries and vehicles such as tanks and helicopters;
- Back of House consists of loading platform, parking bays for mid-weight and heavy trucks, store rooms, service and kitchen lifts, refuse chambers and operable walls storage areas;
- One of Malaysia’s highest and longest escalators.
Summary of halls/rooms capacity
- 38,880 sqm² Exhibition Mega Halls (9) Combined
- 4,668 sqm² Exhibition Small Halls (2) Combined
- 3,200 sqm² Multipurpose Hall Combined
- 7,5m, 9m, 12m, 15m, 36m ceiling height
- 50 sqm² x 10 Breakout Rooms, 2 Combined 100 sqm² each
- 130 sqm² x 3 Media Centre, Combined 390 sqm²
- 1,728 Exhibition Stands for all (9) Mega Halls Combined
- 292 Exhibition Stands for (2) Small Halls Combined
The Venue is strategically located within the Jalan Duta Government Complex area in the Kuala Lumpur district and shared the same district with notable landmarks such as the Ministry of International Trade and Industry (MITI) Headquarters, MATRADE Tower, The Federal Territory Mosque, Kuala Lumpur High Court and the Istana Negara (National Palace).
MITEC is the first component and flagship of KL Metropolis, a city within a city where trade, commerce, living and transport converge over 75.5 acres of prime land development in an ambitious effort to create one of Southeast Asia’s most iconic developments, which will also comprise:
- Condominiums and Grade A office towers;
- 5 star hotels and an international retail centre;
- Landmark tower;
- A 260-room four-star international business hotel is part of the KL Metropolis development. It would be the first entry into the Malaysian market for the hotel brand.
A hybrid of work, play and entertainment elements, the KL Metropolis is also home to the Metropolis Park, the 5 acres (27,000 sq ft) of urban parks and recreational facilities to help enhance and maintain green spaces in Klang Valley, in line with the Greater KL initiative.
The KL Metropolis is strategically located and flanked by affluent neighbourhoods such Damansara Heights, Sri Hartamas, Mont Kiara and Bangsar. The remaining phases of KL Metropolis are expected to be completed by 2025 and would be located close to the MRT Circle Line 3, in which work is expected to start in 2016.
Access to the MITEC is not a problem as there are 1,400 bays available at the Venue’s tiered basement car park including an open space zone. VIPs and valet parking services are also offered for guests’ convenience.
MITEC has been awarded with the Certificate of Completion and Compliance (CCC) by RSP Architects and is en route to achieve ISO compliance including the Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points Certification (HACCP) recognised. HACCP is the international food safety system for international convention facilities and five-star hotels.